Buying the best dog beds for labs or any other dog is hectic because different dogs have different needs. Large dogs like Labrador need beds that are more spacious, beds that are able to support them when they curl themselves.
Just like human beings, after a busy day of jumping up and down doing our business, at the end of the day we need somewhere comfy where we can relax our body. The same applies to Labradors, they need a place of their own where they can relax.
Never think of sharing your bed with your Labrador. These animals are huge and they will push you out of the bed as they curl themselves. Picking the good dog beds for labs you must have a checklist, factors you should look into before making the purchase.
Table of 10 best dog bed for labs
- 1 Factors to consider when choosing lab dog beds
- 2 Editors Pick: Best dog beds for labs
- 2.1 Best Orthopedic dog beds
- 2.1.1 Big Barker 7″ – Best Orthopedic Dog Bed
- 2.1.2 KOPEKS Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
- 2.1.3 Friends Forever Orthopedic Dog Bed
- 2.2 Best Elevated dog beds
- 2.2.1 Dogbed4less -Dual Function Heavy Duty Metal Elevated Pet Bed
- 2.2.2 Kopeks – Elevated Indoor Outdoor Dog Bed
- 2.2.3 The Internet’s Best – Dog Cot | Elevated Pet Bed
- 2.2.4 BIRD ROCK HOME –Internet Best Dog Cot |Best elevated dog bed
- 2.3 Donut and bolster dog beds
- 2.4 Pillow or cushion dog beds
- 2.5 Heated dog beds
- 2.1 Best Orthopedic dog beds
- 3 Reasons why you should buy your dog a bed
- 4 Factors that determine the type of dog bed
- 5 Conclusion
- 6 Other reviews
Factors to consider when choosing lab dog beds
Before making an order for a dog bed, there are several factors you should look into. They should be the guiding factor for your purchase. You should put your dog size into consideration and don’t compromise on that. Below are factors to consider when picking the best dog beds for labs
- Size -It’s very important to put your dog size into consideration when choosing the best bed for your dog. Generally, labs are large dogs, therefore pick a large bed that will fit them. All their joints should be at least five inches away from the bed edges. If your dog has a crate, also pick a bed that can fit inside the crate.
- Quality-Labs are huge dogs and they are heavy. Pick dog beds that can withstand the Labradors weight. Remember also a dog bed made from quality material will last for years.
- Ease of cleaning-Dog beds that are not water resistant will take days before they dry up when cleaned. Pick dog beds made of a material that is easy to clean and dry up.
Editors Pick: Best dog beds for labs
Best Orthopedic dog beds
The best orthopedic dog beds are made of memory foam which gives aging dogs or dogs with dysplasia and arthritis conditions some comfort and reliefs off lower back pain, joint pains, neck pain, hip joint pain or shoulder pain.
Just like Human mattresses which are also made of foam, Not all foam beds are the same. Below is a review of the top best orthopedic dog beds.
Big Barker 7″ – Best Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Marked for large dogs. Comes in different sizes,i.e Large, XL and XLL.
- Comes with a 10-year warranty.
- Made using America therapeutic foam which is the best quality. The dog bed will not flatten.
- The craftsmen and women who make these beds have over 30 years of experience in furniture making.
- Can be washed with a machine.
- Will look good in your home.
- Made with 100% microfiber and its soft to touch.
- Several colors to choose from i.e Khaki, Burgundy, Charcoal gray and Chocolate.
Why you should buy a big barker dog bed?
We recommend this bed because it’s durable, easy to clean and it’s made from top quality memory foam. This bed also comes with a 10-year warranty which means it will not tear off flattening for years, making a big barker the best comparing with other beds that last only 2-3 years.
No outgassing factor also make us recommend this bed. You won’t get any nasty chemical smell coming from the bed foam which irritates you or the dog from big barker beds.
Big Barker bed is also made using ‘open cell’ foam which allows air to circulate freely through the bed.
KOPEKS Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
- Suitable for dogs with Joint or Arthritis and muscles problem.
- Thick memory foam with a thick pillow.
- Hypo-Allergenic foam found in High-End Mattress Stores.
- It has a double layer Thick Orthopedic Memory Foam.
Why we recommend this Bed.
The reason why we recommend KOPEKS Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed is because not only does this bed offer a restful sleep, it has helps in soothing muscles and joints for dogs with arthritis and other joint problems.
Its 100% made using hypoallergenic memory foam which is used to make high -end mattresses. Its covers are water-repellant and can be washed easily. The bed also looks good and you will always admire watching your pooch sleep on it. The bed also has anti-slip rubber that keeps it in place even if the dog tosses and turns around.
Friends Forever Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Can be used as a Lounge Sofa for the dog.
- Removable cover.
- Suede 4″ Mattress Memory-Foam.
- Machine washable.
Why we Recommend this Bed
This bed made to our top 3 best Orthopedic dog beds because of the following great features:
- Friends Forever Orthopedic Dog Bed is made with extra care. It’s cushioned wish plush a poly-fill bolster which provides comfort during slumber time. Suitable for dogs with joint problems.
- The bed has a water-repellent liner and removable covers hence easy to clean it.
- Bed size: 36-inch x 28-inch x 9 inch offers the best bone, head, and hip support.
- Comes with 1-year warranty.
- The bed also has a non-skid bottom, fur resistant and no-tear covers.
Best Elevated dog beds
Most dog owners think that elevated dog beds are for sick, elderly or injured dogs. Raised dog beds raise your dog off the ground making them more comfortable. Elevated dog beds are good for your dog because of the following factors:-
- Help to maintain the desired temperatures-Free air circulation under the best help in maintaining temperature especially in warm climate.
- Reduces the spread of germs, bacteria or fungi-The fact that the bed does not lie on the floor means no moisture. There is no room for germs or bacteria or fungi thrive.
- Elevated beds are also chew resistance-There is no foam to be chewed by the dog.
- Best for outdoor activities -They can be placed anywhere in the backyard because they have supportive poles on the edges.
Below is the review of top Best Elevated dog beds
Dogbed4less -Dual Function Heavy Duty Metal Elevated Pet Bed
- Made with Textilene Fabric
- 100% Waterproof Memory Foam.
- For Medium to Big dogs.
Why we recommend this bed.
There are several factors that made us recommend this bed as the top number one best-elevated dog bed.
- This bed comes with a removable 3-inch thick memory foam which is better for good sleep and support for joints.
- It’s also raised enough making it easy to clean underneath using vacuum cleaners. The underneath space also promotes air flow.
- Made with high-quality memory foam which is best for support for dogs with Arthritis, hip, and joint problems.
- The memory foam will last for years providing the comfort for your dog because it never loses its original shape.
- The external fabric cover can be washed using a machine. It has a no-slip grip bottom which protects the bed from a tear or wears.
- The bed mesh is strong, suitable for overweight dogs.
- Textilene fabric allows air to pass through hence cooling your dog when temperatures are high. The fabric is also able to resist fleas, mites and mold bites.
- Textilene fabric is easy to clean and maintain because it is protected with UV.
- Suitable for outdoor activities because polyester yarns which are coated with PVC make the bed strong and durable hence able to withstand outdoor sun exposure or rain.
- Easy to carry because it’s made using a powder-coated steel frame.
- Anyone can assemble. It has only 3 screws and a wrench.
- It has no-slip rubber which protects the floors.
Kopeks – Elevated Indoor Outdoor Dog Bed
- The bed has mesh cover which is ventilated hence keeping the dog cool during warm weather.
- big in size 48x36x7, can fit large dogs
- It has metal frames which offer increase support.
- Can be assembled easily, therefore, you can dismantle when transporting the bed.
- KOPEKS is the best-seller of Dog Accessories, therefore they make quality products that are also affordable.
The Internet’s Best – Dog Cot | Elevated Pet Bed
- Provides a cool and comfortable place for your dog: The mesh allows free air circulation which cools the bed area
- Keeps dog safe: The elevated cot keeps away floor bugs. The dog also cannot collect dust from the floor.
- Durable and a lightweight bed-The bed is made using polyester covers paired with steel frames which are light metals. Also, the legs are made using PVC pipes that are able to withstand 100lbs.
- No-skid rubber feet-Legs have rubber which makes them firm on the floor and prevents the floor from getting cracks
- The polyester cover is easy to clean using a wet cloth and some soap.
BIRD ROCK HOME –Internet Best Dog Cot |Best elevated dog bed
- The bed is cool and comfortable for your dog. The mesh allows free air circulation keeping your dog cool during the summer.
- A lightweight bed can be carried easily. Suitable for outdoor activities.
- The bed is elevated hence keeping your dog in a safe place away from dust and crawling bugs.
- Durable: The bed made is using polyester cover and steel frames. Legs are tough, made using PVC pipes.
- No-Skid rubber on the legs prevents the bed from sliding on a slippery floor.
- The polyester cover is washable.
Donut and bolster dog beds
These beds are usually round or oval in shape. It has a cushioned bottom and on the sides, it’s raised. They are the best beds for dogs which love leaning on something when sleeping. The raised ends will act as a pillow for your dog.
This bed is perfect for dogs that love to curl around when sleeping. Small dogs also love this bed because they are able to retain heat.
Friends Forever -Faux Fur Dog Beds
- Best for dogs that love to curl.Raised end help to retain the dog warmth and offer a place to lean on.
- Raised ends also offer support for dog head and neck. Suitable for dogs with arthritis and other joints problems.
- Made using synthetic plush fur which is soft and breathable, making it comfortable for the dog.
- The bed is also made using materials that are non-toxic, therefore can be cleaned using a washing machine and dryers.
- Two sizes to choose from. One best for large dogs (45lbs) and other small dogs(25lbs).
Best Friends by Sheri-Lux Fur Donut Cuddler Dog Bed
- This bed is perfect for dogs that love to coil up because of its round shape.
- The raised rim provides support for the head and neck
- It has a soft filling which is best for joint pain relief.
- It’s made using faux fur which is cozy and warming. It also has deep crevices which allow the dog to burrow.
- Available in all natural colors and can fit your room decor.
- The bottom is water-resistant.
- Durable nylon and faux fur is safe when washing with machines.
Petego – Dozer Doughnut Bolster Dog Bed
- It’s a plush round bolster dog bed.
- The pillow cover can be removed and be washed with a machine.
- It’s a durable and hypoallergenic bed.
- 31 1/2 inches around.
- It’s 6 inches thick
Pillow or cushion dog beds
This dog bed is just a large pillow or cushion. Best for dogs that love to sprawl out. There are various sizes to choose from. Below are top best pillow dog beds.
Majestic Pet-Suede Donut Dog Bed
- Large bed size.Inner dimension 30″L x 18″W and outer 40″L x 29″W.Best for large dogs weighing (45-70lbs).
- The bottom is made of waterproof material which cannot allow spills getting absorbed.
- The bed is made using High-quality Loft Polyester Fil which can be washed using a machine.
- Neck support: The bed allows the dog to rest its head and straighten their joint if they are paining.
- Made in the USA using high quality imported materials hence a high-quality cushion pet.
PawHut-Rectangular Cushioned Plush Cloth Pet Dog Bed Mat
- Perfect dog bed because it can fit well in the room.
- Best for older dogs because getting on the bed is easy.
- It’s soft and warm: Stuffed with soft, ultra-plush velvet gives you’re dog extra comfort.
- Non-skid polyester keeps the bed intact even when dogs are playing.
- A heavy duty bed: Suitable for large overweight because it does not flatten.
PET MAKER- Medium Cushion Pillow Pet Bed
- Sleep surface made using soft faux fur.
- Pillow-tuck quilting making it durable.
- The bottom has no-slip fabric.
- Can be washed with a machine.
- Different sizes -Above pic is a jumbo-sized bed.
Heated dog beds
Heated dog beds are very important for young dogs and old dogs. Old dogs with painful joints will find the heat soothing and pain relieving. Small dogs normally lose a lot of body heat, a heated bed will make their slumber more comfortable and enjoyable, especially during winter seasons.
Below are top best-heated dog beds.
K&H Pet –Deluxe Lectro- Heated Dog Bed
Homello – Pet Heating Pad for Dogs
K&H –Thermo Dog Cushioned Cuddle bed
Reasons why you should buy your dog a bed
Imagine how life can be if you don’t have a place where you can relax and take a nap. Buying a dog bed is important just like buying yourself a comfy expensive bed. There are several health benefits when you buy your dog a bed.
- Keeps you’re dog warm-Dog beds are very important, especially during the winter. If your dog sleeps on the floor, a dog bed will act as insulation material preventing the dog from losing heat, Therefore remaining warm throughout the night.
- Prevents the dog taking over your bed-If you allow your dog to sleep with you in your bed and he does not have a bed, eventually, he will take over. He will realize your bed is more comfortable and any attempt to chase him away will result to aggression. To prevent such behavior issues, you better buy a comfy bed for your dog.
- Private place-Just like other family members, the dog will feel appreciate and valued if they have their private place where they can relax.
- Helps to keep your house clean-The dog hair and odor will be concentrated on the place the dog bed is placed hence keeping your house clean.
- Cushion-Dog beds are important for cushioning bones and joints, especially for old dogs and overweight. It’s a soft place where they can lay their bones. Orthopedic Dog Beds are specific beds designed for dogs that need more care and support for the joints.
- Bed prevents dog getting Injured-If the dog has no bed, most probably he will use your furniture as his bed. He will jump from high furniture and he can get injured. Purchasing a dog bed will ensure the dog keeps away from your furniture, Therefore no injuries.
Now that you know the reasons why you should buy your dog a bed, let look at some of the factors to consider when choosing the type of bed.
Factors that determine the type of dog bed
The following are factors that will help you choose the best dog beds for labs.
- Dog sleeping style: Different dogs have different sleeping styles. Some love to curl themselves like a ball while others love to lean against something or even burrow. Determine your dog sleeping style before buying the dog bed.
- Dog size: If your dog is large and overweight, you will need to buy a strong bed that can withstand the dog weight. For small dogs, you can buy small size dog beds that won’t take also more space in the lounge.
- Dog activities: If your dog loves outdoor activities, buy a bed that is portable, light in weight but strong. The bed should also have removable covers that can be washed.
- Your budget and the preferred decor: There wide ranges of the best dog beds for labs. Depending on your budget and preferred colors and fabric, you can choose from several choices and pick one that suits you and the dog.
If you value quality and the value for your money, I would recommend you buy Big Barker. It’s the best dog beds for labs for you and your dog. Made using quality orthopedic foam and comes with a 10-year guarantee.
When am not writing, you can find me hunting with my retriever named Lupo in the uplands. Am also a Dropshipper and i have one store dealing with Pug merchandise. Enjoy reading my blog