Are you looking for the best pitbull shampoo? You should read this guide because it is very informative and we have picked five top-rated shampoos that are organic, antifungal, relieves itchy dog skin. However, if you are in a hurry, below is a quick preview of our choices for pitbull shampoo
Quick preview: Top rated pitbull shampoo
Even though pit bulls have a bad reputation of being aggressive dogs, they are loveable and they got a lot of energy for playing, therefore, they will get their coat dirty often. It is your responsibility as a dog owner to ensure your canine friend smells and looks good, therefore, you need to have the right grooming tools to use when bathing pit bulls because of the following reasons:-
- Pit bulls have a sensitive coat.
- Some shampoos are not made using organic ingredients therefore; they can have advanced effects on the pit bull coat.
- 1 What to look for in best dog shampoo for Pitbulls
- 2 Best shampoo for pitbulls detailed review
- 3 What are pitbulls allergic to
- 4 Can I use baby shampoo on my dog?
What to look for in best dog shampoo for Pitbulls
When looking for a shampoo for pitbull you have to keep in mind that these dogs have a delicate coat that can get infections and allergies. Allergies in pit bulls may be because of environmental conditions or the food they take whereas infections can be because of fungus, bacteria or yeast. Having these tips in mind go for a shampoo with the following characteristics.
- Made from the organic ingredients-the fact that pitbulls have sensitive skin, choose shampoos that is made from organic ingredients like Aloe Vera.
- Hypoallergenic shampoo, which is formulated for dogs with sensitive skin.
- Soap-free and PH balanced shampoo for cleaning and deodorizing the pet skin and coat
- Re-moisturizing shampoo for dry sensitive and itchy pitbull skin.
Best shampoo for pitbulls detailed review
BotaniVet Organic Manuka Pet Shampoo
A veterinary dermatologist who understands the problems dogs with allergies and itching skin go through formulates BotaniVet pet shampoo. The shampoo is certified and approved by USDA organic foods standards. It contains 100% natural ingredients that every dog owner should trust.
Reasons why we choose BotaniVet Organic Manuka Pet Shampoo
- Organic and non-toxic shampoo.
- Perfect solution for dogs with allergies, dry and itching skin because of its non-irritating.
- Promotes skin health.
- Has Manuka honey, which is antibacterial and antifungal.
- Manuka honey also promotes wound healing.
- Soap in BotaniVet Shampoo is naturally made from organic coconut, olive and jojoba oils.
- Has Alove Vera, which has a soothing effect on itchy skin.
- Made in the USA.
Bodhi Dog Shampoo
Looking for a shampoo with a great smell, buy Bodhi dog shampoo because it is gentle on the hands is cleans your canine friend well. You do not have to worry even if you own pets that have sensitive skin. A small family that is committed to giving your pet a full satisfaction during bathing time makes this shampoo. Below are key features that make Bodhi dog shampoo stand out.
- Bodhi dog shampoo is vitamin enriched.
- It is alcohol-free.
- It has baking soda for neutralizing dog odor and for treating dandruff.
- Soothes and moisturizes dry skin.
- Made with high-quality ingredients like Aloe Vera and coconut.
- Proudly made in the USA.
- 100 % money back guarantee.
Rocco & Roxie Dog Shampoos
Most dogs love to roll themselves on the grass, go romping through the mud, dig holes in the backyard, swim in a pond and come home smelling and looking dirty, meaning they need a bath using best dog shampoo. Not any old shampoo that can clean a pet and leave him smelling good that why dog lovers at Rocco & Roxie formulated best dog shampoo for itchy skin.
- Contains Olive oil and Oat extract that is best for soothing itchy dog skin.
- Shea butter for infusing hair with moisture.
- Has Rosemary for stimulating hair follicles.
- Made with Aloe Vera for calming irritation in dog skin.
- There is no masking of artificial colors or dyes.
- 100% guarantee satisfaction.
- Easy to rinse out.
Lillian Ruff Professional Dog Shampoo
If you looking for a long lasting high-grade shampoo for dogs, Lilian Ruff Professional dog shampoo is the best choice for professional dog groomers and pet lovers. The dilution ratio of this shampoo is 30:1. Lilian ruff shampoo formula works best for dogs with dry skin therefore; it is the best dog shampoo for dry skin.
What we love about Lilian Ruff Dog Shampoo
- Contains natural ingredients for hydrating dog skin.
- Gives the dog soft, shiny and healthy coat.
- Made in the USA.
- 100% cruel free i.e. it’s dry free, tear free and gluten free.
- Has lavender and coconut oils that leave your dog smelling great.
- Gentle on rinse shampoo.
Pet MD shampoo
Pet MD Oatmeal Shampoo is a soap-free formulation combined with Aloe and Vitamins that combat skin irritation and promote healing. It is the best shampoo for blue pit bulls that have sensitive, dry and itchy skin.
What we love about Pet MD shampoo
- Natural cleansing shampoo.
- Cleans dog skin with harsh irritation.
- Leaves dog coat smooth and moisturized.
- Can be used with topical flea control products.
- Safe for use with dogs above 6 weeks.
- Made in the USA, therefore, it is a federally regulated product to ensure its top quality.
- Soap and alcohol-free.
What are pitbulls allergic to
Pitbulls are dogs that have short hair, which makes them prone to various skin allergies and other skin problems than those dogs with long hair. The short hair exposes pitbulls skin to direct sun, pests and other allergens.
Other common pit-bull allergies are environment allergy which can get manifested by the dog itself with signs like the excessive licking of some skin areas. Environment allergies can be seasonal and if that the case with your pit-bull, he is suffering from climate-related allergies.
Other allergens that can have an effect on your pit-bull include detergents we use to clean pit-bull bedding or plants growing in the backyard where the pets play. Symptoms that you should check to know if your dog is having allergy problem is finding out if he is scratching or chewing some parts of his body that come in contact with an allergen. Check for bald spots that show raw dog skin.
Can I use baby shampoo on my dog?
A question similar to this people ask is “can you use human conditioner on dogs”. The answer is a big NO. You cannot use baby shampoo or human conditioner on dog skin. Below are the reasons why human shampoo is not best for dogs.
- Human shampoo ruins dogs Ph-balance-Shampoo that is used by human beings has more acid which can dehydrate dog skin and make it prone to parasites, bacteria’s and fungus. Therefore, all dog shampoo is formulated with their skin in mind.
- Dog skin is sensitive-Chemicals and fragrances that are used to make human shampoo affects dog ability to maintain a healthy and shiny coat. The effects may not immediately show up after the first bath but with continued use, the damage on your dog skin will show up.
- Dog natural protections are stripped off-Dog skin has oils that are embedded on their coat. Human shampoo strips the dog delicate protective coat.
When am not writing, you can find me hunting with my retriever named Lupo in the uplands. Am also a Dropshipper and i have one store dealing with Pug merchandise. Enjoy reading my blog