French Bulldogs also known as Frenchies are very playful animals. They will go out and roll themselves in the mud and return home looking dusty and dirty.
Even though you cannot bathe your French bulldog on a daily basis, you have to do it depending on the bulldog lifestyle. To achieve the best results you need to use the best products for french bulldogs, that why we have compiled and written a review of some of the Best shampoo for French bulldogs. In addition, we have added french bulldog grooming products that you need to use to remove french bulldog odor.
Table of 10 Best Shampoo for French Bulldogs
- 1 General grooming and Bathing French bulldogs tips
- 2 Detailed Review of Top 10 Best Shampoos for French Bulldogs
- 2.1 Vet’s Best Hypo-Allergenic Dog -Top pick for Best french bulldog shampoo
- 2.2 Moosh Natural Dog Shampoo
- 2.3 Earthbath Natural Pet Shampoo
- 2.4 Healthy Breeds Bright Whitening Dog Shampoo
- 2.5 Lillian Ruff Dog Shampoo
- 2.6 Sofee & Co. New Natural Dog Shampoo
- 2.7 Alpha Dog Series White Shampoo
- 2.8 Doggie Dailies Shampoo for Dogs
- 2.9 Wahl Dog/Puppy Shampoo
- 2.10 Natural Oatmeal Dog-Shampoo and Conditioner
- 3 Related: Other French bulldog grooming tools
- 4 How often should you bathe a French bulldog
- 5 Conclusion
General grooming and Bathing French bulldogs tips
Apart from knowing, the best dog shampoo for English bulldogs and other Frenchie grooming tools, there is a certain bathing procedure you should follow to get optimal results. Ensure you have everything you will require i.e. Luke warm water, towel, facial cleanser, wipes etc. so that it can take you less time.
In case your dog is not used to this routine procedure, put aside a reward for him after the process so that he can get used and love it.
- First before bathing your bulldog, use a dryer to go over the dog’s body to remove loose coat and dirt. In case you do not have a dryer, you can use a brush. Brushing the coat reduce the dog’s hair shedding because all the loose hair will be removed during this process.
- Using Luke warm water and shampoo wash the whole dog body. Concentrate on the wrinkles in the bull’s face they act as a damp for dirt and food, hence, infecting him with a disease.
It is important to use Luke warm water and not hot to avoid dryness. Do not use cold water because it can make your dog get a cough.
- Rinse the shampoo with a lot of Luke warm water because if left on the dog’s skin, it can make tangles.
- Wipe him using the towel and leave him for a few minutes in a warm area to dry.
- Apply petroleum jelly like Vaseline on the dog nose because it is prone to drying out.
- Check on his nails. They need to be trimmed at least once a month. You can use either guillotine or a scissor.
If your dog has thick nails, purchase guillotine dog nail clippers. They are the best dog nail grinder on the market and come with a detailed guide.
Detailed Review of Top 10 Best Shampoos for French Bulldogs
Here is our detailed review of best dog shampoos on the market.
Vet’s Best Hypo-Allergenic Dog -Top pick for Best french bulldog shampoo
Vest Hypoallergenic dog shampoo is best for Frenchie who have itching skin. It cleans and moisturizes skin. Apart from that, it also helps to relieve skin itching and smoothens the dog’s coat.
Ingredients used to make the Vet’s Shampoo.
- Aloe Vera.
- Vitamin E.
Why Vest’s is best French bulldog shampoo
- Vest Shampoo is gentle and soap free. Perfect for relieving itching bulldog’s skin.
- It smoothens and dry Frenchie brittle coat.
- Made using natural ingredients like Aloe Vera and Vitamin E, which are better for comfort, and relieving your dog.
- This Shampoo when used often, it to removes allergens and does not dry the dog’s skin.
- Cannot affect other treatments like a tick and topical flea control products.
- It is a complete treatment for the whole body i.e. ear relief.
Moosh Natural Dog Shampoo
Natural Dog Shampoo is a product of Fieldworks Supply Company, which believes you have to be the voice for your dog. You need to choose the best shampoo for your Frenchie that does not cause discomfort or strip protective acid mantle.
Moosh Natural dog shampoo is what your dog needs. It is made for precious and delicate dog’s skin because its PH is balanced.
- Neem oil. Best for itchy skin soothing and moisturizing. Keeps away all pests.
- Argon Oil. Keeps dog coat silky shine and healthy.
- Keeps fleas away.
- Antiseptic with a scent.
- Helps to soothe dog skin.
What makes Mosh Shampoo best choice for Frenchie?
- Moosh shampoo is 100% organic and natural with 0% chemicals and preservatives.
- It is easy to rinse after bathing your Frenchie.
- Its only affordable shampoo on the market with Bentonite clay, which is perfect for removing fungus, bacteria and other toxins leaving a soothed and clean skin.
- Both Neem and Argan oil are Anti-septic. They have emollients, which moisturize and remove dandruff.
- Aloe Vera and Shea Butter help in soothing and moisturizing bulldog’s skin.
- It has essential oils that make your pooch smell good.
- The fact that dogs like licking themselves, Moosh shampoo is made using safe ingredients that cannot harm him.
Earthbath Natural Pet Shampoo
Earthbath Natural Pet Shampoo is gentle and tearless. It is the only dog shampoo whose PHP is balanced making it perfect for use with puppies. This shampoo is luxurious and leaves your dog smelling and looking good.
More about Earthbath Natural Pet Shampoo
- Wild Cherry
- Earthbath is tearless.
- It’s PH Balanced.
- It has a small percentage of Allergic.
- Made using natural ingredients.
- This shampoo is biodegradable.
- It has no soap.
- Heavy scent leaves your dog smelling fresh.
- It is safe and effective.
Healthy Breeds Bright Whitening Dog Shampoo
Healthy Breeds Bright is a dog shampoo that is tearless and rich in protein. When used to bathe dogs it produces a white brilliant coat that is lustrous.
- It has water and Ammonium.
More about Healthy Breeds Bright Whitening Dog Shampoo
- Oatmeal helps in soothing irritating dog skin leaving it smooth.
- This shampoo cleans without bleaching the dog’s coat.
- It also adds luster to the coat.
- Made in the US, therefore, a product you can trust.
Lillian Ruff Dog Shampoo
Lilian Ruff Oatmeal conditioner and shampoo are made to add shine and luster to your Frenchie coat. This shampoo helps with matting, flyaway hair and tangling. The shampoo contains Aloe Vera, which moisturizes and nourishes dog skin.
Why makes Lilian Ruff Dog Shampoo perfect for all dog breeds
- Lilian Ruff dog shampoo adds shine and luster and whitens the dog coat. Perfect shampoo or matting, flyaway hair and tangling.
- Natural oatmeal and Aloe Vera are best for bulldogs with itchy dry skin and allergies. They also moisturize dog sensitive skin. If you love your pooch, this is the best gift.
- Both shampoo and conditioner are PH balanced and leave your dog looking good and smelling fresh.
- Coconut oil helps to boost dog immune system and reduces dog inflammation.
- It’s a product made in the US using natural ingredients.
- 100% money –back –guarantee.
Sofee & Co. New Natural Dog Shampoo
More about Sofee Natural Dog Shampoo
- Soothes and moisturizes dog coat.
- Perfect for dry, itchy and allergic dog skin.
- It is non-toxic.
- Cruel free shampoo.
- Made in the USA, therefore, a product you can rely on.
Alpha Dog Series White Shampoo
Alpha Dog series shampoo is formulated in a way that makes it gentle and soothing. Its 100% percent, made using organic ingredients, therefore, it has bleaching or whitening effects.
Alpha dog shampoo is Ph. balanced and made using Aloe Vera. It cannot dry out puppy’s skin or coat. Natural extracts, oils, and plant extracts are best for sensitive skin, dandruff, hot spots, rashes, and itchy skin.
Alpha dog is deep cleansing and very gentle on the dog coat. If your dog has odors, this is perfect shampoo because it leaves your dog smelling fresh.
Doggie Dailies Shampoo for Dogs
Doggie Dailies Shampoo is two in one. It has a moisturizing conditioner and a deep cleanser. High-end dog groomers use best ingredients make this shampoo. Perfect for preventing skin dryness and relieving itching skin effect.
What can Doggie Dailies Shampoo do on your French bulldog?
- It removes dirt and eliminates stinky dog odors.
- Easier to use when bathing your Frenchie.
- Helps to relieve itchy and dry skin.
- It is rich in coconut oil, which is best for moisturizing dog skin.
- Easy to rinse.
- Ensures your dog smells fresh all day.
Why Doggie Dailies is best French bulldog shampoo
- Skilled groomers make doggie Dailies shampoo, therefore, it is the best dog shampoo on the market.
- Made using natural ingredients, which are capable of removing dirt and odors.
- It is also soothing and moisturizes dry and itchy skin.
- Coconut scent leaves your dog smelling good for days.
Wahl Dog/Puppy Shampoo
All about Wahl Dog Shampoo
- Wahl Dog shampoo is gentle on the skin.it leaves dog skin moisturized and clean.
- It is PH balanced.
- Coconut lime leaves your dog smelling fresh.
- It is easy to rinse. Therefore, it takes less time to bathe your Frenchie.
Natural Oatmeal Dog-Shampoo and Conditioner
It is both a Shampoo and conditioner. Veterinarian recommends it because it leaves dog coat detangled, deodorized and smelling fresh.
The main ingredient is oatmeal, which moisturizes and soothes skin, which is itchy. If your dog has allergies this is the perfect shampoo. The conditioner has shea butter, which is used to soften skin. This is perfect shampoo for your bulldog because it turns bathing time to playtime.
Related: Other French bulldog grooming tools
One of the hardest thing for all French bulldog owners is finding the right products for grooming them. We would love to make your work easier by sampling the best products for french bulldogs grooming.
1.French bulldog Coat
Have you ever asked yourself why do french bulldogs need a coat? The reason is to keep them warm because they have little body fat therefore thin undercoat which cannot keep them warm. Apart from that French Bulldogs have short noses which makes them vulnerable to brachycephalic syndrome during winters. Brachycephalic syndrome causes respiratory problems which can be fat. To avoid that, Pick a Kuoser Cold weather Dog Jacket.
2.Best brush for french bulldog
French Bulldogs have loose skin which is covered by short and fine hair which make them have a smooth coat. During the shedding season, you will need a brush to remove excess hair in the bulldog undercoat. Our pick for French bulldog brush is Furminator brush
3.Best wipes for french bulldogs
Wipes are very important when it comes to cleaning bulldog faces and wrinkles. You don’t have to wash your frenchie with water when he is dirty, however, you can wipe him clean with and remove bacteria from wrinkles using Malacetic wipes. Wondering where to buy malacetic wipes?You can buy them from Amazon.
4.French bulldog ear cleaner
Cleaning bulldogs ears need an ear rinse. You don’t have to insert a cotton swab deep inside bulldog ear canal but you can squirt ear rinse like Zymox & Vetericyn deep in the ear canal and let your dog shake his head to remove dirt. Our preferred French bulldog ear cleaner is Zymox Ear Cleanser. It’s available in Amazon.
How often should you bathe a French bulldog
French bulldogs are shorthaired, therefore, recommended to bath them at least 2 to 5 times a year. The reason why you should not bathe them regularly is to avoid washing out their natural oil. However, depending on their lifestyle, you can wash Frenchie at least once a month.
Washing frequency can vary depending on the Frenchie activities and habit. If your Frenchie has a disgusting behavior of rolling himself or herself on the mud or any nasty dirty thing they find, you can wash him regularly to your cleanness standards though not recommended as stated earlier.
Frenchie bulldogs that spend most of the time indoors, they do not have to be washed regularly. You can use wet wipes that have no scent to wipe them clean instead of washing them using French bulldog shampoo.
Your French bulldog or English bulldog has to remain clean and smell good despite the lifestyle it leaves. It’s your responsibility to ensure he/she gets the best dog beds, best dog training collars, best shampoo that is free of chemicals because they cannot speak for themselves. They need to be comfortable.
It’s my hope that you will find Best Shampoo for French Bulldogs after reading our review. Make sure you go through other reviews listed below.
When am not writing, you can find me hunting with my retriever named Lupo in the uplands. Am also a Dropshipper and i have one store dealing with Pug merchandise. Enjoy reading my blog