Dogs love to run and chase each other in the backyard or park. If you live near the road, it can be risky to allow your dog to play across the road because a car may run over him. In addition, confining them in a small crate is not a good idea because they will get bored. So what will you do?
Wireless dog fence systems are here to help you. They provide a safe enclosed place where your dogs can play. Choosing the best invisible dog fence is very important. That why we at Gundog-training.us we have compiled some of the top10 best wireless dog fences.
10 best wireless fence for dogs
- 1 What is a wireless dog fence?
- 2 How does a wireless dog fence work?
- 3 Advantages of using a wireless dog fence.
- 4 What to look for when purchasing wireless electric dog fence
- 4.1 Extreme Dog Fence
- 4.2 PetSafe Fence for Stubborn dogs
- 4.3 Pet Safe Wireless Pet Containment System
- 4.4 PetSafe Stay & Play Wireless Fence
- 4.5 Earlyhights Best underground Invisible Electric Dog Fence
- 4.6 SportDog best In-Ground Fence Systems
- 4.7 Sit Boo-Boo Advanced Electric Fence
- 4.8 AngelaKerry Wireless Dog Fence System with a GPS
- 4.9 Okpet dog electric fence system
- 4.10 SportDOG In-Ground Dog Fence System
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
What is a wireless dog fence?
A wireless dog fence is an invisible fence that does not need physical installation. An electric dog fence confines dogs within a certain radius and prevents them from running around the whole backyard.
Wireless dog fence systems are suitable for dog owners who do not want to install physically wired fences.
How does a wireless dog fence work?
Just like dog shock collars, a wireless dog fence has a transmitter and receiver. The transmitter has electric cables, which are plugs into a socket while the wireless collar has a receiver.
The transmitter broadcasts radio frequencies in a specified radius. If the dog goes beyond the radius, it gets a static shock, which is not harmful according to the humane society.
Wireless dog fence working mechanism is simple. The dog gets shocked the moments it steps out of its safe zone created by the transmitter.
Advantages of using a wireless dog fence.
- They are portable. Wireless dog fences are very portable. Easy to carry and set up anywhere. They are suitable for dog owners who love traveling around with their dogs.
- Easy to set up. Wireless dog fence systems are easy to install. You do not need any prior knowledge to start using the fence. You can set up the wireless fence in your backyard or in the park.
- No landscape view obstruction. One of the main drawbacks of using the physical fence to confine a dog is landscape view obstruction. You cannot be able to see behold the physical fence whereas, with a wireless dog fence, you can be able to see the landscape.
- Cheap to maintain. Wireless fences do not require repainting or repairing. You only need to replace the batteries, which are affordable.
- Comparing wireless dog fences with other options, wireless fences are cheaper and affordable to every dog owner.
With the above advantages, electric dog fences are better to use compared with other traditional fencing methods.
What to look for when purchasing wireless electric dog fence
Here are some of the factors to look for when choosing the best wireless dog fence.
- Supported transmitters.
Normally, most wireless dog fence systems have one transmitter. Others have the capability of supporting multiple transmitters. That means your dog will have several safe zones around him, which he can roam without getting a shock.
- The number of collars supported.
If you have several dogs, most likely, you will need more collars so that you can be able to control your dogs. Different transmitters support a varying number of collars. Choose the right system that suits your needs. Even if you have one dog, its better you buy a wireless fence system that is expandable i.e. adding more pet collars.
- Wireless fence range.
Determine the wireless dog fence range can operate before going ahead and purchasing. Depending on your backyard size, you will make the best decision. If you have a large playground, buy the best electric dog fence for large estates.
- Batteries and Indicators.
When purchasing best Invisible dog fences, check the kind of batteries it uses. Do not buy dog-wireless fence kits that use fancy batteries that require you to buy directly from the manufacturer. Also, give more priority to the system that has a battery low indicator. The low battery indicator will give you an early warning and you will buy the batteries in advance.
- Shock stimulation levels.
A certain shock stimulus may work fine with one dog whereas when it comes to another dog, they do not detect the shock. Wireless fence systems that have different stimulation levels make it possible to train any type of dog even the most stubborn. Choose a system that has variable stimulation levels.
Now that we know the importance of using invisible dog fences, let the sample some of the top best wireless dog fence systems.
Extreme Dog Fence
The extreme dog fence is a pet containment system for pet owners who have large tracks of land up to 25 acres. The extreme system makes training dog and confining him in a safe place easy. Just like other invisible dog fences, Extreme dog fence has both transmitter and receiver.
- The transmitter can function up to 25 acres range. It has options of changing radio frequencies so that it does not interfere with other systems in your neighborhood.
- The boundary zone can be set from a few inches up to 30 feet.
- The collar receiver is very small and light. It can fit a small dog up to 8 pounds. It is also waterproof and submersible up to 100 feet.
- The collar has two different sizes contact points that can fit dogs with short or long neck hair.
- Extreme electric dog fence kit is made in USA.
- Purchasing additional fence you can set it up in a 25 acres land.
- It’s the best dog fence for Large Areas
PetSafe Fence for Stubborn dogs
PetSafe fence for stubborn dogs is the cheapest best wireless dog fence suitable for stubborn dogs.
- Pet safe stubborn dog fence is both in-ground and underground system with no wire. Suitable for backyards that have wire.
- The collar receiver has four different levels of shock stimulation.
- The transmitter can operate several collars.
- It has a low battery indicator.
- Not suitable for small dogs.
- Its semi-wireless, you need to bury wires around the boundary.
Pet Safe Wireless Pet Containment System
Pet safe wireless pet containment system is suitable for dog owners who do not to worry about burying wires in the underground.
- Pet Safe wireless dog fence is 100% wireless.
- It is portable, easy to carry and set up in a park or anywhere.
- The collar is waterproof and small. Dogs feel comfortable putting it on.
- Different stimulation levels. Can be changed depending on the dog size.
- Able to train up to five dogs with extra collars.
- No low battery indicator.
PetSafe Stay & Play Wireless Fence
- Best perimeter fence for training dogs how to stay within boundaries.
- Suitable for dogs with up to 5 pounds or above.
- 105-feet wireless coverage.
- It’s 100% wireless-No wires.
- Adjustable shock levels.
- The collar can fit dogs with neck size 6-23”.
- It is portable and has no wire to bury.
Earlyhights Best underground Invisible Electric Dog Fence
- It is the best underground invisible electric dog fence available in the market.
- The fence system can contain pets in a 10-acre yard.
- Suitable for all dog sizes, medium, small or large with over 8lbs.
- Waterproof dog collar has lithium batteries that can charge for over 400 times.
- Gives dog freedom to play in a safe confined place. Do not have to worry about your dog’s safety of his digging behavior.
SportDog best In-Ground Fence Systems
SportDog In-ground fence system is simple and affordable. It is the best alternative for replacing other traditional fencing options. Installing the fence involves burying a wire around your yard and plugging the transmitter.
- The collar has a low battery indicator, Anti-linger, which prevents battery being drained, in case dog stands on the warning zone.
- Comes with a 9-volt battery, which can last for 6-12 months.
- The system has four levels of stimulation, which can match any stubborn dog.
- Different training options i.e. vibration and tone.
- Capable of covering up to one and a half acres with wire and flags.
- Purchasing extra wires and flag kits, the fence can expand up to 100 acres.
- Purchasing extra collars make is possible to add more dogs.
- It has lightning protection.
- The transmitter has a wire break alarm.
- Fits 10 pounds dogs or even larger ones.
Sit Boo-Boo Advanced Electric Fence
Sit Boo-Boo electric fence is one of the best invisible dog fences on the market. It’s best for stubborn dogs.
- Its a waterproof dog collar for dogs up to 10lbs.
- It is a robust system that is expandable up to 20 acres.
- The system has surge protection, therefore, can work during summer without having any problem.
- It’s an all-weather wireless dog fence i.e can withstand snow, rain or heat.
- Its has rechargeable lithium polymer batteries which last for long.
- US-based customer support.
AngelaKerry Wireless Dog Fence System with a GPS
AngelaKerry system is the best Invisible Dog Fences, which comes with in-built GPS positioning and tracking technology. It is perfect for keeping your dog safe in the yard.
- It is one of the best dog fences with Gps positioning and tracking.
- The system has three static levels of stimulation, which can match any dog.
- The collar is rechargeable and 100% waterproof.
- Different training options i.e. shock and beep.
- It can cover up to 496 acres.
- Suitable for dog’s size between 15 pounds and 120 pounds.
Okpet dog electric fence system
Okpet dog electric system is 100% wireless. The system is unique and intelligent. Its new item in the market with a simple and lovely design. The system is 100% wireless and it is perfect for protecting your dog within a set of boundaries.
- Okpet is one of the best 100% wireless dog fence system, which has the capability of customizing a cordless-shaped boundary.
- It has two training modes i.e. beep and static shock.
- The collar is waterproof.
- Comes with rechargeable batteries that are durable.
- The collar is one of the most effective and easy to use with a stable signal and can synchronize very fast.
- Can train all dog sizes-small, medium and large dogs.
SportDOG In-Ground Dog Fence System
SportDog In-ground dog fence system is one of the best semi-wireless dog fences on the market.
- It has a water-resistant collar receiver.
- Different dog training options.
- The system has an anti-linger feature helps to prevent running low of a battery.
- You can adjust to different levels of stimulation up to five.
- Purchase of additional collars makes it possible to train more dogs.
- Comes with a free blue metal sign.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most popular questions dog owners ask about wireless dog fences.
Do wireless dog fences really work?
Many pet owners ask this question before making a decision between traditionally wired fences or wireless dog fences. Without favoring any side, I can declare that wireless dog fences work but they also have their drawbacks. For example
- They do not protect other animals invading the boundary you create.
- Regular checkup of batteries and cannot function without them.
According to Unleash Magazine, 1025 dog owners were interviewed. It was found that 80% confirmed that their dog’s behavior improved after using electronic systems such as dog fences and shock collars within 30 days. This is a complete proof that wireless dog fences actually function.
What is the cost of invisible fence for dogs?
The cost of invisible dog fences depends on several factors, i.e. the range the fence can cover and a number of dogs that can use the system at the same time. In addition, mode of training is a big determinant of invisible fence cost.
Depending on your budget am sure you can find an invisible dog fence. For example:-
- COVONO Invisible Fence for Dogs –Is the best wireless dog fence under 200. (View on Amazon ).It can cover up to a ¾ acre and has 650 feet boundary.
- Tiger 2 Receivers invisible electric dog fence-Is the best wireless dog fence under 100. (View on Amazon).
How do wireless invisible fences work?
Wireless invisible fences work in a very simple way. The transmitter creates a boundary around the dog with a specified radius. The safe zone is between the center of the circle and the boundary. The dog is free to roam around the safe zone and it should not step outside the boundary.
If it goes behold the boundary, a collar receiver on its neck sends a static shock on the dog neck deterring it going behold the warning zone.
The wireless fence automatically sends a shock when the dog steps outside its safe zone.
Do electric fences hurt dogs?
Every dog owner who loves his/her pooch this question making an electric fence purchase. The answer is no.
Just like other shock collars, electric fences use mild static shock from collar batteries, which have less charge. You cannot compare collar shock with an actual shock from an electric wire or fence.
It is important also, to note that there be different levels of shock stimulation all aimed at getting your dog attention.
What can hurt your dog is the contact points. They can irritate your dog skin if they are fitted tightly for a long time.
How deep do you bury underground dog fence?
Underground dog fences should not be buried deep because they need to send a signal to the collar receiver. In most cases, people bury wires in a trench that is 1 to 3 inches deep. The main reason for burying the wires is to protect them from being damaged when activities like lawn mowing happen.
When am not writing, you can find me hunting with my retriever named Lupo in the uplands. Am also a Dropshipper and i have one store dealing with Pug merchandise. Enjoy reading my blog