Air pollution poses great health risks to both human beings and animals. It is very important you should know how to protect your dog from air pollution by either purchasing the best pollution mask for dogs or using other methods.
If you live in Southern California, you must have heard or experienced wildfires. These wild fires even though you may be lucky they do not burn your home, the smoke that is released to the air poses health risks to both animals and human beings.
- 1 Causes of Air pollution
- 2 Top 5 best pollution mask for dogs
- 3 How do I protect my dog from pollution?
- 4 Health effects of air pollution in dogs
- 5 Related Dog Supplies Reviews
Causes of Air pollution
- Wildfires which burn vegetation releasing toxic gages in the hair.
- Fossils fuels burning e.g. cars and other machines that run on natural gases.
- Industries release gases in the hair through their chimneys.
- Agricultural activities.
The fact that we cannot get rid of air pollution, we have to protect our dogs and ourselves because there side effects of inhaling polluted air.
In this article, we will list some of the best pollution masks for dogs available in the market.
Top 5 best pollution mask for dogs
Dog-Protective Muzzle Mask-Editors Top Pick for Best pollution mask for dogs
- Made using fabric that is of high quality.
- It is comfortable and your dog breaths with ease.
- Muzzle dog mask keeps your dog safe from dust, smoke, and other pollutants.
- The mask is adjustable and can suit all dog mouth sizes.
- Customer satisfaction guaranteed or money back.
Tchrules Dog Protective Muzzle Mask
- Best for long mouth dogs.
- Made using the best fabric that is comfortable and breathable.
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
- Keeps your dog safe by protecting them from all air pollutants.
Weebo Pets Breathable Safety Muzzle
- Weebo mask is designed to fit dogs with average snouts.
- It is durable and washable.
- It also discourages dog barking and biting.
Idepet 1SET Dog Muzzles Suit
- Made using nylon fabric that is strong and washable.
- Protects dog from inhaling polluted hair.
- It is also prevent the dog from excess barking, chewing and biting.
- It has a quick release buckle.
EJG Short Snout Dog Muzzle
- Made using breathable nylon that is durable.
- Perfect for all dog breeds e.g. French bulldogs, Siberian husky.
- Effective in protecting your dog from pollution and barking.
- It has an adjustable slider and quick release buckle.
How do I protect my dog from pollution?
Here are some of the steps you can take to keep your dog safe from polluted air.
- Make sure your dog stays hydrated.
- Reduce the amount of time your dog spends walking, training with best dog shock collar outside or hunting.
- Use available air filtering machines that can clean air in the house or in the car.
- Stay indoors with your pet. Make sure you close all the windows and doors.
- Check your dog for respiratory and eye distress to know if the dog or puppy is coping up with the dirty air.
Health effects of air pollution in dogs
There are several health effects or symptoms of smoke inhalation in dogs. These are-
- Dog vomiting.
- A sooty passage in throat and nose.
- Deep and raping breathing.
- Red eyes.
- Body posture when breathing.
Apart from pollution mask for dogs what are other remedies?
Other remedies for protecting your dog from pollution is purchasing Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner, which cleans the air for the dog, or other pets. Our recommendation for the best dog air cleaner is Winix WAC9500 pet air cleaner because it is affordable.
Other Winix WAC9500 pet Air cleaner key features
- The cleaner has odor and dust sensors, which automatically change cleaner settings.
- Captures all airborne pollutants.
- The cleaner also captures pet hair in the air.
- Uses Plasma Wave technology.
Related Dog Supplies Reviews